Sunday, November 26, 2017

How I Spent My Thanksgiving Break


I've been very busy lately and I have neglected my little blog. I spent about 90 hours of my life dedicated to something that will bring me nothing but the feeling of breaking up with friends. What have I been up to you might ask? Oh you know, binge watching a show on Netflix and getting fat.  I've been really busy binge watching Mad Men. Yep, a show that ended in 2015. Guys, why didn't I jump on the Mad Men band wagon when it was airing? I'm low key in love with Don Draper and Roger Sterling. Must now watching anything with them. 

For real though, my husband and I got caught up in the Mad Men world and forgot about everything else. Today on my last day of thanksgiving break, I realized I probably could have spent my 4 days off doing something more useful. I have no regrets though, I enjoyed every episode. It was interesting to see how the work place was in the  '50s & 60's and how women were treated in the workforce.  Aside from Don Draper I think my favorite character was Roger Sterling, he always had something funny and inappropriate to say. I enjoyed the costumes, story lines, and characters of this show.  While I'm still trying to digest the ending, I have an over all happy feeling with how the show ended. Would I have done something differently? perhaps, but that smile at the end made me think everything would be okay.  

What do I do now with the rest of my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment