Monday, January 1, 2018

An Orange Story

While everyone is bringing you a new year, new me, resolution, and or retrospective recap of the year, I'm bringing you an orange post. Because lets face it, I'm not one to keep resolutions nor one to advise you on how to keep them. And while I do plan to make some changes, they are basic changes, you know the typical be more active/eat better/get organized. Hopefully one of those sticks!

Now, on to my orange post!

My neighbor has an orange tree. In the 7 1/2 years that I have lived in our home, their orange tree has finally given a crop that has overflown to our side. Previous years we would have one or two oranges fall over and by the time they hit the floor they would be rotted. I believe they're navel oranges, some have the obvious belly button look but others do not.   From the initial sign of their tree creeping over to our side, I've been keeping my eye on it and babying it, scaring away spiders and anything that would take over my oranges. Finally this month my oranges were ready to be plucked and eaten! I think the heavy rain we had last year played a key role in this years crop, because, oh my these are delicious! I've never been one to crave an orange until now. Don't get me wrong I like them, but the of juiciness and sweetness of these are on another level. Anyway, enough orange talk, lets move on to orange photographs! 











Below is a picture of the oranges that crept over to our side, these two photos were taken with my iphone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment